Dear Lakeshore Families and Friends,
It’s been a spectacular Summer at Lakeshore. Not only was the weather fabulous, but the pool had a tremendous year in all programs. We are all so proud of our Lakeshore Community! But it’s not over just yet. Our annual Closing BBQ is this Saturday, August 27th. As I type, the forecast for Saturday is sunny with only a bit of cloud, a high of 25 (feeling like 28). Sounds just about perfect. Here is what you need to know:
- Activities and games start around 2:00 pm
- Dinner will start around 5:00 pm
- We will have burgers and hotdogs for sale
- We will have beer and perhaps sangria as well for sale
- If you wish, you may bring what you would like to grill for dinner (the grill is plenty big enough to share though we may need to take turns cooking.) Please no shellfish due to some allergies we have learned of.
In keeping with our past tradition, your contributions would be appreciated as follows:
- Families whose last name begins with the letter A – M are asked to bring a dessert to share
- Families whose last name begins with the letter N – Z are asked to bring a salad to share
As a tradition, the kids are invited to build a boat for a race (will require one person to ride the boat and others to move the boat along).
The committee and I are very much looking forward to seeing you all there. Please come make this a day to remember. The laughter was raucous last year – let’s see if we can make it even louder