We’re excited to open the doors on the brand new chalet. We get the keys from the city on June 1st, and registration day is Saturday, June 2nd. Come out, register, meet the staff for 2018, sign your child(ren) up for lessons and get a first peek at our new facilities. Gates open at 10am and we’ll be accepting registrations until 2pm.
Following many comments and emails, I would like to remind all our members that the closing day for Lakeshore will be August 17th. On Friday, the city will decommission all pool equipment so that construction can start next Monday. With the tight project schedule and the penalty clauses for any project delay, the city wanted to be certain that the pool be available for construction. It is after much effort that the city allowed us to stay open until the 17th but staying open next weekend was not a option as it would have jeopardized the project timeline.
Another reminder: all Lakeshore members with a valid membership card will be admitted to other outdoor pools in Pointe-Claire.
Thank you for your understanding.
Dear Lakeshore Families and Friends,
It’s been a spectacular Summer at Lakeshore. Not only was the weather fabulous, but the pool had a tremendous year in all programs. We are all so proud of our Lakeshore Community! But it’s not over just yet. Our annual Closing BBQ is this Saturday, August 27th. As I type, the forecast for Saturday is sunny with only a bit of cloud, a high of 25 (feeling like 28). Sounds just about perfect. Here is what you need to know:
- Activities and games start around 2:00 pm
- Dinner will start around 5:00 pm
- We will have burgers and hotdogs for sale
- We will have beer and perhaps sangria as well for sale
- If you wish, you may bring what you would like to grill for dinner (the grill is plenty big enough to share though we may need to take turns cooking.) Please no shellfish due to some allergies we have learned of.
In keeping with our past tradition, your contributions would be appreciated as follows:
- Families whose last name begins with the letter A – M are asked to bring a dessert to share
- Families whose last name begins with the letter N – Z are asked to bring a salad to share
As a tradition, the kids are invited to build a boat for a race (will require one person to ride the boat and others to move the boat along).
The committee and I are very much looking forward to seeing you all there. Please come make this a day to remember. The laughter was raucous last year – let’s see if we can make it even louder
Here are the results you’ve all been waiting for- LAKESHORE 567 points vs CAVIP 477 points! It was great to hear all the loud cheers and to see so many smiling faces around the pool last night! Thank you to all swimmers, volunteers, lifeguards, families and friends who came out last night to support the team!!
We are midway through Wednesday summer meets. Next week (July 27) we’re at HOME swimming against Beaurepaire- we will need 8 to 10 more volunteers for this meet. Several Lakeshore families will be travelling to Calgary next week for Junior Nationals- Best wishes to all swimmers competing in this BIG event! The following week (Aug 3), we’ll be AWAY at Valois and will need about 10 to 12 for this one. The final Weds night meet will be at HOME vs Windermere- we’ll need about 16 more volunteers. Lastly, Lakeshore will be hosting SECTION FINALS on Saturday August 13, 2016! Stay tuned for more information!
Again, Congratulations to Lakeshore swimmers and thank you to all volunteers who have helped out at the swim meets this summer – we couldn’t do all of this without you!!
WE NEED YOU!
Piscine Lakeshore Pool will be hosting the 2015 ALPS Finals (swimming) on Saturday, August 22 and we need your help. This will be the first time that Lakeshore will host the ALPS Finals since 1958!You can contribute in many ways: provide a baked items for bake sale or help feed the officials on the event day or join our organizing committee to help with advance planning.
UPDATED AUGUST 10
We still need help in the following areas:
- Parking Coordinator
- Raffle Coordinator
- Collection of ads from confirmed sponsors
- Food Donations for sale at meet (hot dogs, hamburgers, buns or donations from grocery stores)
- Event Day – set up, BBQ, raffle, bake sale, parking, clean up.
Sign up sheets will be posted at the pool on Monday, August 10.
LAKESHORE WILL NOT NEED TO PROVIDE ANY OFFICIALS ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 22.
CONFIRMED SPONSORS of 2015 ALPS FINALS (Saturday, August 22):
- Deakin Realty (back page and banner at pool) $100
- WIC (program and banner at pool) $100
- Magnolia Reflexology – $100 (plus bell ringer prizes)
- Action Scuba – $100
- Lester B. Pearson School Board – $100
- – Royal Bank Pointe Claire Plaza – $100 requires invoice
- Gold’s Gym – $100
- FONEX DATA Systems – $100 requires invoice
- Anonymous donation from Lakeshore member – $100
- Beaconsfield BlueFins – $100 (booth)
- Francis Scarpaleggia – $100 – requires invoice
- Westmount Moving – $50
- Monkey Bar Gym – $50
- En Mode Affaires – $50
- Montreal Institute of Swimming – $50 (booth)
- Tanya Laberge, physiotherapist- $50
- Talia Stefanescu, Oesteopath – $50
- Play It Again Sports $50
- Trophy Shop (Valois) – $25
- Village Corner Store – $25
- Kinatex West Island – $25
- Bolivar Coiffure – $25
- Stefanie Patterson, physiotherapist – $25
- Westmount Flourist – $50 raffle certificate
- Sylvie (bell ringer/raffle gifts)
- Vorgee ($200 bell ringer/ raffle gifts)
- Business Box – Printing
- Rod Roy Ski School – raffle (St Sauveur Waterpark)
- Starbucks Kirkland – 1 pound of coffee & gift bag
- Subway ( and raffle prize)
- Jeane & Jax handbags (2) – $185
- Play It Again Sports donation
- Westmount Florist Gift Certificate
- Euromarche $30 gift certificate
- Babar Books – $25
- Speedo – various items
- Subway – 6″ subs, cookie and drink box for $3.15 + tax
- Metro Pointe Claire – 20 cases of water/ 20 bags of hotdog buns – Darlene Reid / M. Chevier
- Euro – 20 packages of hotdogs
- Starbucks Kirkland – 10 gallons of coffee plus Creme, sugar, cups – to be picked up Aug 22
Lakeshore parent volunteer